Sunday, July 11, 2010

WHY’D YOU GO AND LEAVE ME

Why’d You Go And Leave Me
by G. David Schwartz



Why on earth
And why in heaven
Did you get a car
And just drive to Route Seven,
Didn’t say a word
Of farewell or, absurd,
Just said not a thing?
This did make my ears ring
While trying to hear your thoughts.
What you need and what you want,
Now I think it is true,
You wanted to leave me blue.

*

I Just Don’t Understand It
by G. David Schwartz



I just don’t understand it.
I just simply do not know why,
Why she never talks to me.
Nor does she just run by.
I don’t know what I did,
Or what I didn’t do,
Don’t know what she wants
Or wants me to do,
Don’t know where to go,
Don’t know what to be.
I don’t know what she’s thinking
When she does see me.
She does never tell me,
She don’t even talk.
She just goes on practicing
Her quick quite mantic walk

© G. David Schwartz 2010


G. David Schwartz is the former president of Seedhouse, the online interfaith committee. Schwartz is the author of A Jewish Appraisal of Dialogue. Currently a volunteer at Drake Hospital in Cincinnati, Schwartz continues to write. His new book, Midrash and Working Out Of The Book is now in stores or can be ordered. Each of these pieces are am attempt to deal with a lost. The names of people are not real people. Check out his book on Midrash:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails