Wednesday, December 15, 2010

IF by Jeremy Chin


If I could speak
I’ll not lose my words behind my cheek
Will never leave any songs unsung
And thoughts shall never stale under my tongue

If I could hear
I'd want my heart to be my ear
I'd sit alone on the quietest quay
And try to hear what my eyes couldn’t see

If I could smell
My nose will tell you if I’m unswell
It will crinkle when I smell something bad
And it will run all day when I’m feeling sad

If I could laugh
My grin would cut my face in half
For awhile my eyes would disappear
And if I'm really happy they'd start to tear

If I could taste
I'd savour every bite and not chew in haste
Eating right, I wonder how tall I'd grow
But Mum I guess I'd never know

Jeremy Chin has a Bachelor of Journalism in Advertising from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He worked as a Graphic Designer in San Diego before moving on to be a Web Designer and Programmer in Los Angeles for 6 years. Following that, he worked as a Programmer and Animator in London for 2 years before returning to Malaysia. Almost immediately he assumed a position as a Creative Director of an online agency. A couple years into the job he decided to take a year off to write a book, which is now in book stores you can find at www.justjezza.com/getbook.html

About the poem
IF is a pro-life poem that maintains that life is precious and should be preserved at all cost.



Announcement
If you're in Kuala Lumpur this weekend, you can catch Jeremy Chin reading some of his writings at The Readings event on the day and venue below:

Date: Saturday 18th December, 2010
Time: 3.30pm
Place: Seksan's, 67, Jalan Tempinis Satu, Lucky Garden, Bangsar, Malayasia
(Map www.seksan.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails