Saturday, December 13, 2008

My Road


My Road
by Nuruljannah Bte Hj Usop 

Knitted thorns on immeasurable road,
Malevolent gravels scattered abroad,
Though small, do not
Misjudge their entangled malicious thought.

Taking a step with coercive pace,
Melancholy hidden through fence of face,
I let a sombre sigh, which could dissipate,
Not vanish the pain, letting hidden tears participate.

Do not sleep, whispers my head,
forcing the steps, like a blade.
The day is young, the road endless and long.
Until it is darkling, I would stop and play another song.

© 2008 Nuruljannah Bte Hj Usop 

Listen to this poem:



Nuruljannah Bte Hj Usop: I'm taking Bachelor of English linguistic and literature at International Islamic University Malaysia. Poetry is the platform for my emotions to roam freely without boundaries. When I start to write a poem, these emotions are my ink. Every word I use is embroiled with hidden emotions. Needless to say, I really enjoy poetry, reading and writing it.

See her other writings at http://www.annafisha.deviantart.com/

1 comment:

  1. i love this!

    i love it!

    i can feel the emotions and relate as if it is a part of my story on the road~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails