Friday, February 6, 2009

A God Day

Day of the God (Mahana no Atua), 1894 by Paul Gauguin (French, 1848-1903)
Oil on canvas, 26 7/8 x 36 in. (68.3 x 91.5 cm) 
Helen Birch Bartlett Memorial Collection, 1926.198 Gallery 246

A GOD DAY
by Solomon

The gears are all in mesh.
My veins are swollen with confidence.
Today I can skip under
The skin of eternity
And become that galloping horse,
Feel like a king
Who has all things in place.

Any one of today's 86,400 seconds,
I will have lived the best day
Of my life.

You know my number, Lord.
Call my time.

Let someone else move up the queue.
Taste this avalanche of endorphins.


© Solomon 2009

Listen to this poem:



Solomon is a rather private person. He works as a freelance copywriter in KL. He likes writing lines like these, when not thinking communications stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails